Workers who are affected by an ERTE must avoid making mistakes when presenting the income tax return.
On April 7, the 2020 Income campaign began, which will take place in 2021 and will be marked by the effects of the coronavirus and ERTE. Right now it is only possible to present it online, but, in the coming weeks, the deadline for filing by phone will open.
Finally, on June 2, it will be enabled so that it can be presented in person at the Treasury offices, but as explained in this article, it will be necessary to request a prior appointment. The Tax Agency has enabled the telephones 901 22 33 44, 91 553 00 71, 901 12 12 24 or 91 535 73 26.
What are the errors in the income statement that we should not make if we are in ERTE?
Before presenting our declaration, it is important to see that, if we have been affected by a Temporary Employment Regulation File (ERTE), we will have two payers, the company and the SEPE. These must be reflected in the draft with the correct amounts (the income received during 2020). The SEPE income certificate can be obtained through the Electronic Office.
Also, it is important to note that all workers who had been in ERTE, if they have received more than 14,000 euros and the second payer (the SEPE) was paid for an amount greater than 1,500 euros, they will be obliged to present it. Many affected by this situation believe that it is unfair, since when there is only one payer the limit is 22,000 euros per year.
For workers with a short-time labor contract, you should know that they are in the same conditions as those detailed above, since part of the payroll will be paid by the company and another part by the State Public Employment Service.
Finally and finally, if those affected by a Temporary Employment Regulation File were to last beyond 2020, that is, that in 2021 we continue in this situation, it is highly recommended to request the SEPE to increase the type of withholding to avoid paying in the next income tax return.
example of two declarations of a worker and a worker affected by an ERTE
In fact recently this medium published a graph in which it was bought that a worker in ERTE paid him 1,600 euros in the income statement. This is so because the SEPE does not apply withholdings to the payroll of the unemployed so, when making the declaration it is very possible that it will pay.
The Treasury will allow paying the rent of these workers in ERTE for six months without interest
To reduce the impact, the Tax Agency has allowed workers affected by this situation and whose return is positive (payable) to return the money from the return in six months without interest.
Generally this is not the case, since the Treasury allows the payment of the declaration in two installments. The first of 60% when presenting the self-assessment and the remaining 40% in the month of November.
To avoid this situation, the senator for La Palma, Pérez Sicilia, has managed to pass a motion in the Senate so that ERTE workers do not have to file income tax returns.
Leave a Reply